- Sheremetyevo International Airport’s new passenger Terminal C was opened to the public on January 17;
- The terminal complex will be home to international carriers and can accommodate 20 million passengers per year;
- It comprises the main seven-floor passenger terminal building with a total area of 127,375 square meters, a control tower to supervise aircraft ground movement, and a roofed, six-level parking lot for 2,500 vehicles that is connected with the terminal via a pedestrian crossing.
Terminal С forms a single space together with Terminal B. Uniting the buildings “under one roof” was one of the toughest challenges of the entire construction cycle. This single space enables passengers to make use of the services and technical capabilities offered by both terminals, while allowing transfer passengers to move quickly between the terminals through the transit area.
The design and construction phase of Sheremetyevo Airport’s new terminal lasted 33 months, from April 2017 to January 2020. The General Contractor and Developer of the project was EnergoStroy LLC.
The constructivist motifs of the interior are also reflected in the terminal’s cutting-edge media installations, which present Russia as a country of rich historical and cultural heritage as well as significant scientific and technological achievements.
Services available to passengers in Terminal С
- Duty Free shops where travelers can purchase products from leading world brands
- Superior-comfort lounges: VIP and business lounges, sleep and recreation areas
- Catering: all restaurants, cafes, and bars are open 24/7
- A comfortable baby care room and children’s play areas
- Wi-Fi coverage for wireless internet access
Navigation and information systems in Russian, English and Chinese help passengers and attendants navigate all areas of the terminal with ease.
Terminal C in numbers
- Check-in counters: 74
- Passport control booths: 60
- Jet bridges: 20 (including one for A-380 aircraft)
- Escalators: 11 + 2 in parking lot
- Moving walkways: 8 + 4 in parking lot
- Automatic doors: 120 + 8 in parking lot
- Elevators: 57 + 8 in parking lot
- Media screens: 78